New Metlakatla Civic Address Map – Click Here!
With support from the community a new civic addressing system had been created. As was stated in the Metlakatla Civic Address Survey, gaps were identified in the old system and it has not always been clear to service providers/emergency responders on where they need to go when they come here. As part of the implementation of this new addressing system, the Public Works Department will be installing house numbers on each home as well as new street signs.
To assist in the process of updating your address the Lands Department has put together the checklist below to assist and inform community members of service providers, government agencies etc. that you should update your address with. The Lands Department was able to work with CityWest and BCHydro to update all of the addresses in the community. Please note that you do not need to update your address with CityWest or BCHydro. Please contact the Lands Department if you have any questions at email@example.com or at (250) 628-3234.
For clarity this does not affect your current Post Office Box in Prince Rupert. Any mail you receive to your P.O. Box will continue as usual.
- BC Drivers' license, BC Services card (care card), BC Identification card.
- Visit the Service BC Centre office in Prince Rupert 201 – 3rd Ave West
- Call 1 800 663-7867
- Online https://www.addresschange.gov.bc.ca/ - Note that if you have an Enhanced Drivers Licence, a B.C. identification or an Enhanced identification card – you must contact ICBC directly. 1-800-950-1498
- AC&D Insurance – (250) 624-9185
- Norther Savings Credit Union – (250) 627-7571
- Shaw Direct - 1-888-554-7827
- Telus home services - 1-888-811-2323
- Canada Revenue Agency - Call 1 800 959-8281 or online using CRA’s MyAccount service